Studio Policy 2022
Aug 14, 2022 02:34 AM
Studio Policy - INITIAL ON X
Tuition Payment, Performance Fee for Children's Classes X_________
• You are registering for the nine-and a half month term August through May. You may make one full-season payment, 2 payments (fall and winter) or 10 increment payments due at the beginning of each month from August to May
• Payments are due on the first of each month. If you receive a bill, it means your account is past due. A late fee of $10 will be charged for payment received after the 1st week of the month. We do not pro-rate for any missed classes from your students.
• Tuition price is based on receiving at least 35 weeks (possibly more) of classes. You are NOT paying for monthly classes, but for 35 weeks in a season.
• We do not pro-rate for holidays or provide refunds for any missed classes or canceling of classes due to severe weather.
• 30 day CLASS DROP NOTICE: To drop any or all class you MUST come in to feel out a class dismal notice form. You will still will be billed the full tuition rate if not filled out 30days before the next installment payment is due. This includes in December & January.
• You forfeit any payment made if cancelation is not made within the 30 day notice X____
• Tuition box is located at the front of the studio. Please insert payment with students name in box.
• We accept: Checks, Major Credit cards (A small fee will be applied to all credit card charges) and Cash (PLEASE NOTE: when taking cash correct amount must be given, we do not provide change).
• A Costume fee will be implemented for all students performing in The Nativity and Spring Recital. Fees will be different depending how many dances your child is in. This fee will be broken into 3 payments. First payment in due August 22, second payment due September 20th and 3rd installment due October 18th
• Costume Fee: Amount Per Dancer
Includes Christmas Rental, Spring Costume & 1 pair of tights for spring prodcution.
• Tiny Dancer Class & KinderClass* $125.00 per child
• Junior Ballet* $135.00 - Junior Jazz $ 100.00 (spring performance only) Combined Ballet & Jazz = $185.00
• Intermediate 1 Ballet* $135.00 - Jazz/Modern* $ 145.00- Combined= $250.00
• Intermediate Level 2 & Level 3 Ballet * $150.00 - Level 2 & Sr. Company Jazz/Modern* $155.00 (2 Spring Costumes) – Pointe-$75 Combined = $315
Recital fee will be required for $30 per family ($10 for additional dancer per family) OR dancer can sell 2 Program ads (per family) by November 1st . Your dancer will receive 4 complimentary tickets to our Christmas Show. Complimentary tickets may not be sold. If dancer choices to opt out on selling ads a performance fee of $30recital fee per dancer (you will receive only 2 comp tickets for the Nativity) X_______
There is no recital fee for the spring production in May.
• Studio Holidays: The studio will be closed for the following breaks:
Labor Day – September 6th,
Thanksgiving Week – November 22nd- 26th
Christmas Break -December 20th- January 10th, 2022
Spring Break April 4th-8th, 2022
Class Promptness and Attendance X___________
Attendance, Illness, or Injury
Attendance is imperative for consistent progress. If a student is going to be absent from class due to unforeseen circumstances, call the studio and leave a message before class time. If students know in advance that they will be absent from class, please let the instructor know before the day of the class.
If students are too ill to participate in class, they should remain at home and rest. If they are injured, they should come to class and observe. Many students find that they learn more from observing class! This will also keep them apprised of the class’ progress. Class will start promptly at the designated time. Arriving a bit earlier to change your shoes and prepare yourself for class is suggested
Dancers who miss more than twice in one month and more than once during the month of the performance may be taken out of performance pieces.
Student / Instructor Interaction
Please be advised that the study of dance involves physical contact. Instructors will often need to make hands-on contact to adjust students’ alignment and to demonstrate proper motion. Students should keep the faculty informed of any recent illness, injury, or other condition that may interfere with their class work.
Building Etiquette X__________
All students are expected to be well-behaved, courteous, honest, and to abide by the rules of A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio. ATTDPAS expects all dancers to conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful to others and to themselves. They will not make comparisons to each other or speak negatively about one another or the instructors. Any behavior that is not disrespectful to teachers or dance colleges dancers may be dismissed.
• When classes are in session talking, telephones and playing is prohibited in the open areas.
• No one is allowed to be on dance floor during classes unless they are dancing. All others must walk around to back or front entrance. The back area allows talk and play, but door must be shut at all times.
• Parents need to be sure that younger children are supervised in the waiting areas and at all times in the play room.
• Dancers only are allowed in studio room.
• NO FOOD ALLOWED IN WAITING AREAS OR STUDIO AREA!
• Dancers must be picked up inside the studio once his or her class is over. NO dancers can exit building without ADULT!
• Students are expected to keep the bathrooms, dressing room, waiting areas, and classrooms neat and clean. Dancers and visitors are expected to pick up after themselves.
• Back door will remain locked & will require passcode to enter (each registered student & parent will be allowed access to code. Front door will lock at 5:30 & back door entrance will only be allowed to enter.
Class Etiquette X_______
• If students are more than 10 minutes late for class, they may be asked to sit and observe. Late comers can be a distraction to the other dancers and proper warm-up is important to prevent injury. If there is a scheduling conflict getting to class from school, please notify the Director.
• No gum, candy, food, or beverages (other than water) are allowed in the classroom.
Please bring a water bottle to class if you feel that you will need water. There will be limited permission to leave class to go to the drinking fountain.
• Dancers should use the restroom before class. There will be limited permission to leave class to use the restroom for the older students.
Parents of tiny dancers or Beginning Ballet students should remind their children to use the restroom and have a drink of water before class.
• There will be no hanging, playing, sitting, or climbing on either the wall barres or center barres. No one is allowed to touch mirrors. During class, students are expected to listen closely when an instructor is correcting another student so that they may also learn from the correction.
• Students will not talk during class and will raise their hands to be called on.
• The only jewelry permitted to be worn in the classroom is small earrings. SORRY, NO FITBITS or watches
• All cell phones must be turned on silence and in dance bags during class.
DRESS CODE X__________ For more information on what your child needs, please refer to your class attire page. Dancers must adhere to the dress code with appropriate dancewear and secure hair. All dance clothing must be neat. No underwear should show.
• No T-shirts and Gym shorts allowed in Ballet or Jazz Class
• Hair should be secured back and out of face and off neck. Ballet class hair must be in bun.
• Any student who does not come dressed in appropriate attire may be asked to sit out of class.
Parking: Additional parking in back located on Toombs Street. Students who need to change clothing will enter the studio from the back so they can enter change without interrupting current class.
Parent/Teacher Communication: Be sure the teacher of the class is aware of any special physical condition the student may have. Teachers are available for private conferences. Please leave a message at the studio office for the teacher to call you to arrange an appointment. Class schedules do not allow adequate time for private discussions between classes.
Notices and Newsletters X________
• Newsletters will be EMAILED . Please provide a WORKING email address (typed print) that you would like us to send the studios very important dates & information.
• Check our update boards in the front of the studio for NEW offers and performance updates.
Responsibilities for Parents
• Please be considerate of the classes in session by being quiet in the dressing rooms, hallways and lobby.
• Children should be picked up promptly at the end of class.
• The teacher is not responsible for children before or after class.
• Children will not be allowed to exit the studio, so please come inside to pick up child immediately after their class time is over.
PERFORMANCE AGREEMENT: It is crucial that a parents and student understand the importance of a yearly commitment with us. Throughout the year our students will learn a lot, including proper techniques, but eventually they’ll all be working on a presentational dance routine(s). Once our staff begins to choreograph and teach this routine, everyone must understand that we must have all of our students in our classes each and every week as changes are being made to the routine every time we meet with our students. Besides that, the students are sometimes at a loss, should their class mates be missing class. For those students who have previously missed, when returning, they too are also lost and can be emotionally affected and over- whelmed as well while trying to play catch up. They are overloaded while learning last week’s steps and the current ones. If dancer misses classes during choreography time our choreographers are permitted to have dancer sit out of new choreography. It is up to dancer to learn new choreography & remember past choreography learned from previous lessons.
WAIVER/ ILLNESS AND SICKNESS WAIVER
I the enrolled participant and/or the parent/guardian of the participant agree and understand that dance training is a potentially hazardous activity. I recognize that there are risks inherent in the dance training including but not limited to serious physical injury. The participant hereby agrees to participate in activities of A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless A Time to Dance Performing Arts its instructors, owners, officers, directors, and employees against any liability resulting from any injury that may occur to the participant while participating in activities/performances produced by A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio. The participant also agrees to indemnify A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio of any damages incurred arising from any claims, demand, action or course of action by the participant. Further, the participant and/or parent/guardian agrees to pay all costs associated with medical care and transportation for the participant. I agree to release and hold harmless A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio including its teachers, dancers, staff members, and facilities used by both entities from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future. I will not hold A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio liable for any personal injury or any personal property damage, which may occur on the premises before, during or after classes. Any special medical/health problems of which the staff should be aware are listed/attached to this form. I also give permission for A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio to take any form of recording media or and Photography of me or the applicant or any member of his/her family whether as a participant in the activities or as a spectator to use for the website and for purposes of promoting the school. I have read and agree to the studio policies and payment policies listed.
I agree I am taking all guidelines sent to me in regards to new protocol for attending in studio classes and holding responsibility to keep up to date with new guidelines given to me concerning in studio classes.
(By signing you say you agree to the studio policy )