Studio Policy 2023/24'
Feb 28, 2024 09:02 PM
A TIME TO DANCE PEFORMING ARTS STUDIO POLICY:
You are committing to a 10 month dance season. We understand things happen and you may need to break this contract, but please note, dance is a commitment. We only accept so many students a year. WE REQUIRE 30 DAY NOTICE OF DROP CLASS. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DROP CLASSES AFTER NOVEMBER 2023 AND APRIL 2024’ DO TO PERFORMANCES.
PAYMENT POLICIES: A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio tuition is based on an entire season of dance. Our season runs from August 14, 2023 - May 18, 2024. All dancers are required to pay for the entire season. If you enroll mid-season we will prorate your tuition based on when you begin dancing with us. Tuition is not based on the number of classes in a month or on attendance. There is NO refund for missed classes
• Payments are due on the first of each month. If you receive a bill, it means your account is past due. A late fee of $10 will be charged for payment received after the 1st week of the month. We do not pro-rate for any missed classes from your students.
• Tuition price is based on receiving at least 35 weeks (possibly more) of classes. You are NOT paying for monthly classes, but for 35 weeks in a season.
• Registration is not complete until you have submitted the registration materials/enrolled online, paid the non-refundable first month’s tuition, registration fee, and selected your payment plan. Please be sure to fill out the online payment form completely.
• A CREDIT CARD on file is required for ALL students. You can pay per other payment (cash/check) if desired, however if payment Is not made after 1 month past due date, your card will be charged for the balance due, along with late fee.
• We do not pro-rate for holidays or provide refunds for any missed classes or canceling of classes due to severe weather.
• 30 day CLASS DROP NOTICE for any class is required. Otherwise, your credit card will be charged for the following month. Any notice less than 30 days will be responsible to pay the following month.
• You forfeit any payment made if cancelation is not made within the 30 day notice
• Tuition box is located at the front of the studio. Please insert payment with student’s name in box.
• We accept: Checks, Major Credit cards (A small fee will be applied to all credit card charges) and Cash (PLEASE NOTE: when taking cash correct amount must be given, we do not provide change).
• A Costume fee will be implemented for all students performing in The Nativity and Spring Recital. Fees will be different depending how many dances your child is in. This fee will be broken into 3 payments. First payment in due August 2023, second payment due September 2023 and 3rd installment due October 2023
• Costume Fee: Amount Per Dancer
Includes Christmas Rental costume (dancers rent our Christmas Costume, they do not get to keep this costume), Spring Costume & 1 pair of tights for spring production. (Costumes for Spring dancer will get to keep)
ALL BALLET & MODER CLASSES ARE INVOVED IN THE NATIVITY. TAP & JAZZ CLASSES ARE ONLY IN SPRING SHOWCASE.
Spring & Christmas Costume Fees:
Tiny Dancer Class & Kinder Class* $135.00 per child (Christmas only $45.00)
Junior Ballet* $145.00 (Christmas only $45)
Junior Jazz $ 85.00 (spring performance only) > Combined Junior Ballet & Jazz = $185.00
Level 1 Ballet* $145.00
Level 1 Jazz/Modern* $ 145.00 > Combined= $250.00
(Christmas fee Level 1 only $45- per costume)
Level 2 & Level 3 Ballet * $160.00 -
Level 2 & Sr. Company Jazz/Modern* $155.00 (2 Spring Costumes) – Pointe-$75 Combined = $325
Christmas only $45 per costume
Tap 1 & 2 is extra $65 per costume
Recital fee will be required of $40 per family ($10 for additional dancer per family) OR dancer can sell 2 Program ads (per family) by November 1st . Your dancer will receive 4 complimentary tickets to our Christmas Show. Complimentary tickets may not be sold. If dancer choices to opt out on selling ads a performance fee of $40 recital fee per dancer (you will receive only 2 comp tickets for the Nativity)
There is no recital fee for the spring production in May.
Performance Dates are set for:
Nativity Production December 9th & 10th
Spring Recital – Saturday, May 18th
Studio Holidays: The studio will be closed for the following breaks:
Labor Day – September 5th
Thanksgiving Week – November 20-24th
Christmas Break -December 18th- January 8th
Spring Break April 1st-5th
Class Promptness and Attendance
Attendance, Illness, or Injury
• As with any program, steady attendance is a requirement for success. Failure to meet such requirements can lead to adjustment in level.
• Guardians are responsible for communicating absences to the dance studio director or dance instructor directly at least 24hrs in advance.
• Any student who misses 3 consecutive weeks or more may be required to forfeit their class space.
• Excessive absences could result in removal from recital piece.
• Dress rehearsals are mandatory for recital participation unless discussed prior.
Make-up Classes: There are no refunds/reimbursements nor can missed classes be applied to subsequent months’ tuition. Make up classes due to weather will result in dancers attending a like class age group or depending on instructor may reschedule the entire class in the following month.
Inclement Weather Procedures
We will post updates on our website front page, social media (IG, FB), and inform via email regarding closings for inclement weather. A Time to Dance reserves the right to close classes at our discretion. We will not put any student or family in danger due to weather. Any classes canceled or missed may be made up according to our Make-Up Class Procedures listed above.
Student / Instructor Interaction
Please be advised that the study of dance involves physical contact. Instructors will often need to make hands-on contact to adjust students’ alignment and to demonstrate proper motion.
• No one is allowed to be on dance floor during classes unless they are dancing. All others must walk around to back or front entrance. The back area allows talk and play, but door must be shut at all times.
• Parents need to be sure that younger children are supervised in the waiting areas and at all times in the play room.
• Dancers only are allowed in studio room during class time.
• When classes are in session talking, telephones and playing is prohibited in the open areas.
• NO FOOD ALLOWED IN WAITING AREAS OR STUDIO AREA!
• Dancers must be picked up inside the studio once his or her class is over. NO dancers can exit building without ADULT!
• Young dancers cannot be dropped off more than 5mins before their class time. Dancers need to stay with parents until Instructor permits them to come in the studio room.
• Students are expected to keep the bathrooms, dressing room, waiting areas, and classrooms neat and clean. Dancers and visitors are expected to pick up after themselves.
• Back door will remain locked & will require passcode to enter (each registered student & parent will be allowed access to code. Front door will lock at 5:30 & back door entrance will only be allowed to enter.
• Parents are responsible to come inside and pick up dancers. Instructors are NOT responsible for children who come in to studio before or after class time.
At our studio, our primary goal is for your children to have fun while learning dance technique and a strong work ethic. We expect all dancers to show respect to themselves, each other, and all instructors. You will see our instructors enforcing the following rules:
• Be prepared for class. Proper dress code is required for all dance classes.
• Hair must be pulled up and secured back. Ballet students must wear hair in a bun.
• Use the restroom prior to class.
• Do not have frequent class absences.
• No cell phones in the dance studio. (Please keep all personal items in your dance bag.)
• No gum is allowed in class.
• Be respectful and kind to instructors, peers, and all TDC staff.
• Do not talk during class unless you are asking a question.
• No leaning, lounging or hanging on the ballet barres.
• Clap at the end of class to show respect for yourself, your fellow dancers, and the instructor.
• If injured, tell instructor prior to class…work slowly and carefully or sit down and observe.
• If ill, do not come to class.
• We believe good dance etiquette is of equal importance to good dance technique.
• Studio Rules for Dancers:
• No running, yelling or rough playing at the dance studio.
• Help keep your studio clean and tidy. Please throw away all trash.
• No gossip, obscene language or inappropriate conversations are tolerated during class or around the studio.
• No gum, food or drink of any kind (except water) is allowed inside the studio.
• ATTDPAS expects all dancers to conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful to others and to themselves. They will not make comparisons to each other or speak negatively about one another or the instructors. Any behavior that is not disrespectful to teachers or dance colleges dancers may be dismissed.
• For age 13 and up:
• As an older dancer and role model, inappropriate conversations or negative discussions are not allowed in front of younger dancers.
• It is the dancer’s responsibility to manage their time so that dance, schoolwork, and other outside activities do not conflict.
• If students are more than 15 minutes late for class, they may be asked to sit and observe. Late comers can be a distraction to the other dancers and proper warm-up is important to prevent injury. If there is a scheduling conflict getting to class from school, please notify the Director.
• There will be no hanging, playing, sitting, or climbing on either the wall barres or center barres. No one is allowed to touch mirrors. During class, students are expected to listen closely when an instructor is correcting another student so that they may also learn from the correction.
• Students will not talk during class and will raise their hands to be called on.
• All cell phones must be turned on silence and in dance bags during class.
DRESS CODE For more information on what your child needs, please refer to your class attire page. Dancers must adhere to the dress code with appropriate dancewear and secure hair. All dance clothing must be neat. No underwear should show.
• No T-shirts and Gym shorts allowed in Ballet or Jazz Class
• Hair should be secured back and out of face and off neck. Ballet class hair must be in bun.
• Any student who does not come dressed in appropriate attire may be asked to sit out of class.
• The only jewelry permitted to be worn in the classroom is small earrings. NO FITBITS or watches
Parking: Additional parking in back located on Toombs Street. Students who need to change clothing will enter the studio from the back so they can enter change without interrupting current class.
Addressing Issues: Unfortunately, we do make mistakes. We welcome you as parents to bring those to our attention. We do ask that you use discretion as you address them with us. We ask that any conversations that are sensitive and private in matter be held while classes are not in session and are addressed to the director. If issues concern other parents or children, please do not address this issue at the studio. Please resolve the issue independently or make an appointment with the director to resolve the situation.
Notices and Newsletters
• Newsletters will be EMAILED. Please provide a WORKING email address (typed print) that you would like us to send the studios very important dates & information.
• Check our update boards in the front of the studio for NEW offers and performance updates.
Dance training is demanding on the body. All students run the risk of being injured in class. As a parent and/or guardian of a student, you must agree that you understand these risks and do not hold A TIME TO DANCE PAS, faculty, board members, and the artistic directors responsible for any injuries, loss of property, or illness during attendance at the school or any related field trips, competition/conventions, or performances.
PHOTO RELEASE/SOCIAL MEDIA
Each parent gives permission for their child to be photographed for promotional purposes. All students may be videotaped during classes, rehearsals, and performances. Any concerns need to be directed to the directors. Each parent and student also agree to NOT place pictures or videos of other students or teachers on the internet or any social networking site without the permission of the student’s parents or the teacher. No student or parent is permitted to represent A TIME TO DANCE on any websites or social media. Please tag A TIME TO DANCE when using class video or pictures as well as when attending convention/competitions and performances representing A TIME TO DANCE.
PERFORMANCE AGREEMENT: It is crucial that a parents and student understand the importance of a yearly commitment with us. Throughout the year our students will learn a lot, including proper techniques, but eventually they’ll all be working on a presentational dance routine(s). Once our staff begins to choreograph and teach this routine, everyone must understand that we must have all of our students in our classes each and every week as changes are being made to the routine every time we meet with our students. Besides that, the students are sometimes at a loss, should their class mates be missing class. For those students who have previously missed, when returning, they too are also lost and can be emotionally affected and over- whelmed as well while trying to play catch up. They are overloaded while learning last week’s steps and the current ones. If dancer misses classes during choreography time our choreographers are permitted to have dancer sit out of new choreography. It is up to dancer to learn new choreography & remember past choreography learned from previous lessons.
WAIVER/ ILLNESS AND SICKNESS WAIVER
I the enrolled participant and/or the parent/guardian of the participant agree and understand that dance training is a potentially hazardous activity. I recognize that there are risks inherent in the dance training including but not limited to serious physical injury. The participant hereby agrees to participate in activities of A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless A Time to Dance Performing Arts its instructors, owners, officers, directors, and employees against any liability resulting from any injury that may occur to the participant while participating in activities/performances produced by A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio. The participant also agrees to indemnify A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio of any damages incurred arising from any claims, demand, action or course of action by the participant. Further, the participant and/or parent/guardian agrees to pay all costs associated with medical care and transportation for the participant. I agree to release and hold harmless A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio including its teachers, dancers, staff members, and facilities used by both entities from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future. I will not hold A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio liable for any personal injury or any personal property damage, which may occur on the premises before, during or after classes. Any special medical/health problems of which the staff should be aware are listed/attached to this form. I also give permission for A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio to take any form of recording media or and Photography of me or the applicant or any member of his/her family whether as a participant in the activities or as a spectator to use for the website and for purposes of promoting the school. I have read and agree to the studio policies and payment policies listed.
I agree I am taking all guidelines sent to me in regards to new protocol for attending in studio classes and holding responsibility to keep up to date with new guidelines given to me concerning in studio classes.
Auto Pay- All families must be required to submit a credit card on file. Dancers can pay via check/cash in studio, but if payment is not made by the 30th of each month your credit card will be charged for the amount due. This will include monthly tuition, Costume Fee, Recital fee, sponsorship fees etc. A percentage for processing fee will also be included on top of this charge.
I authorize A Time to Dance Performing Arts Studio to charge my credit card listed above for all agreed upon purchases. I understand that my information will be saved to file for future transactions on my account. Purchases may include a recurring tuition payment - which will withdraw from my account on the 30th of each month from August 2023’ to May 2024’understand that to cancel, discontinue or withdraw from classes, I must submit a cancelation request at least 30 days in advance of the next payment due date. (Ex: If payment is due on
Feb 25th, an email cancelation request must be received by Jan 25th to avoid additional
monthly charges.) I understand that cancelation requests must be submitted via email to
email@example.com; and, that cancelation requests will not be accepted via telephone,
social media, text message or verbal exchange. In addition, I understand that failure to attend
classes does not imply a notice-to-cancel or waive the requirement to submit a cancelation
notice the full 30 days in advance.
(by signing you agree to all Studio Policy and Contract
X_____________________________________ (Print Name)