YMCA of the Triangle Waiver
Dec 03, 2021 01:01 AM
PLEASE accept this waiver if your child is enrolled in classes through the YMCA of the Triangle at the AE Finley YMCA
Photography/ Audio – I give the YMCA of the Triangle Area, Inc. (“YMCA”) and its employees and agents permission to use for any lawful purpose my and/or my child’s likeness, image, voice and/or appearance as such may be embodied in any pictures, drawings, renderings, photographs, video recordings, audiotapes, digital images or the like, with the understanding that the YMCA will not publish my child’s name. I agree that the YMCA has complete ownership of such pictures, etc., including but not limited to illustrations, bulletins, exhibitions, videotapes, reprints, reproductions, publications, advertisements and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed, including but not limited to the internet, television, radio, newspapers, magazines, social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, blogs, etc.), and/or YMCA audio, print or internet publications. I also agree that the YMCA has permission to release such pictures, etc. to the news media. I acknowledge that I will not receive any compensation or remuneration for the use of such pictures, etc. I understand that once such pictures, etc. are published to the media or on the internet, or are otherwise published, they may be used in publications and/or on websites outside of YMCA control.
1) Indemnity – I understand that YMCA activities have inherent risks, and I hereby assume all risks and hazards incident to my participation/my child’s participation in all YMCA activities, and recreation activities provided by third party vendors. I further waive, release, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the YMCA and its employees, organizers, volunteers, vendors, supervisors, officers, directors, participants, coaches and referees, as well as all persons or parents transporting participants to and from activities, from any legal claims, liabilities, damages and costs for any physical injury or damage to my personal property sustained during my use of YMCA property and/or my participation/my child’s participation in any YMCA activities.
2) Personal Items & Electronics - I understand that the YMCA is not responsible for any personal items lost or stolen at our programs. All electronics should be put away.
3) Inclement Weather – I understand that programs may not be available when school is closed due to inclement weather. Please refer to the YMCA website for the most up to date information.
4) Sex Offender Registry - North Carolina law prohibits sex offenders from accessing YMCA of the Triangle programs and facilities. In compliance with this law and in order to ensure the safety of our children, we regularly compare our membership and participant database to the National Registry of Convicted Sex Offenders and terminate the membership, programs, and/or access rights of anyone registered.
Medical Treatment Policies:
1) Accident Insurance – Participants are responsible for their own accident insurance when using the YMCA and when participating in YMCA programs off-site.
2) Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure – I understand that, while my child is in the care of the YMCA, if a child is exposed to a body fluid on broken skin or mucous membrane (e.g. splashing in mouth or eye) from another child, the YMCA will contact the parents of both children. They will explain what has occurred, and provide the name of the attending physician of the source child to parents of the exposed child. If a staff member has a blood or body fluid exposure from a child, the YMCA will provide the name and telephone number of the child’s attending physician to the staff member.I have read and agree with the statement and specifically authorize the YMCA to release the name and telephone number of my child’s physician and a description of the event to the parent or guardian of any child who is exposed to blood or body fluid or to any staff member who experiences such an exposure from my child.
3) Emergency – In the event of an emergency in which the parent/guardian or listed emergency contacts cannot be reached, the YMCA will contact emergency medical personnel and, pending their arrival, take those actions that are in the YMCA’s judgement to be in the best interests of the child.