Feb 28, 2021 04:47 AM
Premiere Danse Academy COVID-19 Safety Policies and Procedures
At Premiere Danse Academy the safety of our dancers and staff is a priority to us. Below are our Current 2020 policies and procedures we will be implementing.
• Will use social distancing as much as possible within the studio and during class under the discretion of their class instructor and staff
• Will have a designated spot for bags/shoes etc (We ask that dancers limit what they bring to class to only what they need for class.)
• Must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the studio
• Must bring their own water bottle to class (The water fountain in the studio will not
be available for dancers to use.)
• Will enter through our front door and exit through our side entrance unless instructed
other wise by their instructor or staff member
• Wear a mask, face covering, or face shield at all times when in our building
• There will be no lobby for parents or other family members. Parents will need to wait
in their cars for their dancer.
• Dancers will meet a staff member at the front door to answer COVID-19 safety
questions and to sign their dancer in with the staff member.
• Parents should wait at the front door with their dancer in a line keeping proper social
distancing from other dancers and parents waiting in line to enter the building.
• We ask that parents respectfully wear a mask when interacting with our teachers and
• We encourage tuition payments to be made online in your portal account. If you
prefer to pay by cash or check please follow the following format for cash or check payment.
Cash or check payments must be in an envelope with the dancers first and last name on the outside, the class dates and times the payment is for, and the total enclosed in the envelope. All cash payments must be exact change. The envelope will be placed in the tuition drop box in the lobby of the studio when the dancer enters the building.
• Any Covid-19 safety questions or summer session questions should be directed to Miss Amy, Artistic Director/Owner
• Pack a water bottle for your dancer labeled with their first and last name (The water fountain will be closed in the studio.)
• Staff and instructors will wear a mask during all interactions with students and parents.
• Staff and instructors will wash hands before and after each class and during class at their discretion
• Surfaces and floors will be cleaned daily (This has always been the practice at Premiere Danse Academy. We love clean dance floors!)
• Ballet Barres and the bathroom will be cleaned between classes (It has always been the practice at the studio to clean the bathroom and ballet barres daily. We will increase this practice to between classes.)
• Currently our lobby will be closed to parents. Parents please wait in your car for a staff member to greet your dancer at the front door 5-10 minutes before your dancer’s scheduled class time. Please remain in your car until you see a staff member at our front door. At the end of class please meet your dancer in front of the building on the side walk. A staff member will bring the dancers to this area when class is over.
When Should Your Dancer Stay Home & The Studio Be Informed of an Illness
• Any dancer that has felt ill or had a temperature (100.4 degrees or higher) 24-48 hours before their class (Fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, etc)
• Any dancer that has someone in their household that has felt ill or been sick in the past 24-48 hours.
• Any dancer or family member who has been potentially exposed to COVID-19 (We ask that in this situation parents respectfully inform the studio so that other students and staff members can be notified that their has been a potential exposure and can monitor themselves for COVID-19 symptoms.)
• Any dancer or family member that has tested positive for COVID-19 respectfully will inform Premiere Danse Academy so that dancers and staff that have been exposed can follow the guidance of a family doctor to make sure they follow CDC recommended safety precautions for COVID-19.
Anyone that feels they can not comply with our COVID-19 safety procedures or do not feel comfortable in a group setting at this time should remain home. All classes will be offered online via Zoom for any dancer that would prefer to keep on dancing from the comfort of their home.
Our instructors and staff are beyond excited to be back dancing in our studio space. We ask that all parents and dancers respectfully keep the safety of all our dancers, teachers, and the PDA staff as a priority and follow our procedures.