Apr 20, 2021 10:54 AM
Dance Your Dreams collects information about our dancers and their legal parents/guardians from the following sources:
- Information we receive directly from you during the registration process such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, medical information and history, emergency contact information
- Information can be collected when making a purchase from our website, communicating through our Live Chat website feature, or subscribing to our electronic communications to help you with your experience
- Information about transactions with us made via in house payments (cash/check/credit or debit card), online credit or debit card transactions, PayPal transactions, or automatic payments
- Credit or debit card information stored in the "Parent Portal" via our third party processor - STRIPE - used only for authorized by client transactions and automatic monthly tuition payments agreed to by the legal parent/guardian *Note: This information cannot be accessed once entered and saved. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers*
Dance Your Dreams does NOT ask for or collect the following information:
- Social Security numbers
- Driver's license information
- Bank account information
We do not share, trade, or sell information (Personally Identifiable Information) about our clients or previous clients with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by state and federal laws.
We maintain physical copies of documents such as, but not limited to: doctors' notes, company contracts, automatic payment forms (without card numbers) and other pertinent forms for up to, but no longer than twelve consecutive calendar months. The physical documents are stored away from any public access. All of these documents are also electronically scanned, added, and saved to proper client accounts and are available for clients to see on their personal accounts.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard and protect your information. The safeguards we follow include, but are not limited to:
- All personal information is contained behind secured networks and we restrict access to non-public personal information of our current and previous clients only to employees who have direct contact with the dancer and parent/legal guardian
- All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology
- All electronic communication is sent through secure internet and email provider channels to protect our clients information
- Our website and Parent Portal is scanned, including Malware, on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible
- We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website
- No identifying information is ever used with any type of media *see "Media Waiver" for full explanation on this topic*
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify our current and previous clients within one business day via email, phone call, letter, and in-site notification.