Aug 16, 2018 01:28 AM
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on May 25th 2018 and it places new obligations on organistations that hold or process personally identifiable information about EU Residents.
In order to comply with GDPR we would like to make you aware of the following;
1. The Data we request is necessary to ;
a) provide our service in a safe way, keeping any special needs or medical information in mind whilst teaching the student
b) to contact parents immediately should we require it
c) to communicate any school information throughout the year including Fee Statements, Class notifications, Show information etc
d) to send special offers to TheatreworX families for any events we may be running as TheatreworX Productions
2. Your Data is requested and held by TheatreworX under the lawful basis "Legitimate Interests", ie Article 6(f)
3. Your Data will be held securely by TheatreworX for as long as the student remains in the school or camps. Thereafter you can easily opt-out of any marketing mails or contact from us through your parent portal under "Account Info"; "Right to be Forgotten"; "FORGET ME". Alternatively, just click "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any mail sent from us. This process can only be carried out once you have satisfied any financial obligations.
4. Your Data will only be shared with a third party where absolutely necessary; example Exam Board, Teaching Staff. Only necessary details will be shared in those cases.
5. You can review your details through the Family Portal at any time and amend incorrect details.
6. All databases with personal information are password protected and are only accessible to TheatreworX staff via our database once permission is authorised by TheatreworX Data Protection Manager.
If you have any further questions in relation to GDPR please do not hesitate to contact us.