Aug 19, 2022 06:48 PM
I hereby affirm and acknowledge that I understand the inherent risk and hazards associated with the recreation activity of dance, in which the student (named below) will engage at Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc. and at all recitals and performances. The inherent hazards and risks include, but are not limited to:
1. Risk of injury from the activity of dance;
2. Possible equipment failure and/or malfunction of my own or others equipment;
3. This activity includes risk associated exposure to heat, impact of the body upon the floor, ground and/or other students, which could cause injury.
4. My own negligence and/or negligence of others, including but not limited to misjudging terrain, losing balance, mis-stepping, tripping, slipping, or being dropped;
5. Fatigue and/or dizziness
I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the dance activities of Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc., I hereby agree, acknowledge, ad appreciate that:
1. I hereby release and hold harmless Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc. and its employees, agents, and officers with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss of damage to person or property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise;
2. To release Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc., their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, volunteers, and vessels from liability and responsibility whatsoever and for any claims or cause of action that I, or the "student" or assigns that may have for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death arising from the dance activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise. By executing this document, I have agreed to hold harmless and indemnify therein conjunction with any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in dance activities;
3. By entering into this agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this agreement;
This release shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by Georgia Law. If any provision of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be enforceable.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement and I fully understand its terms, and I agree to it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
For participants of minority age, this is to clarify that I, as parent, guardian or temporary guardian with legal responsibility for the student, do consent and agree not only to his/her release of all releasees, but also to release and indemnify the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to his/her involvement in these programs for myself, my heir, assigns, and next of kin.