Updated Terms and Conditions
Jan 17, 2019 04:27 AM
TLW Dance Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions must be accepted by all students and parents/guardians. Failure to do so could result in a student being asked to leave TLW Dance. Please be aware all personal data provided to TLW Dance is only used by TLW Dance and not passed onto any other party.
1. Fees are paid through our Parent Portal, on the auto-pay system. This is a safe and secure platform. A payment card must be registered when you sign up on line. Invoices will be emailed through 5 days prior to the monies being taken on the 1st of each month, via auto-pay. TLW will take tuition fees via auto-pay on the first day of the month. If any additional costs have been added to the account during the month, such as exam fees or dancewear these will also be taken from the registered card on the first of the month – unless you have spoken to a member of the TLW team. The tuition fees have been calculated over a 12 month period so payment must be made each month.
2. If your child decides to leave TLW we request one months notice. This notice needs to be in writing and given to reception. Failure to do so incurs the next month.
3. Payments for additional costs, such as uniform, exam fees, and costumes, are now all done through the parent portal. These payments will be taken on the 1st day of the month after they have been added to the account. When additional costs are added to the account, excluding dancewear a date of payment will be given out. These payments can also be made through the parent portal by parents / guardians. Alternatively they can also be paid at reception in a named envelope.
4. If any payment is returned an admin charge of £5 will be requested.
5. TLW cannot offer refunds if the student is absent from class and places cannot be held if a student decides to continue with another activity at the same time as a TLW class. If a child is receiving medical treatment TLW dance reserve the right to suspend fees for a period, if evidence is provided. All medical information is kept confidential.
6. If TLW should cancel a class it will do its upmost to reschedule, if however the class has not been rescheduled or your child has not received extra dance time (including exam sessions) the class will be credited. If class has to be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions this will not be rescheduled or refunded.
7. If a student has been asked to leave to TLW due to breach of any of these conditions listed the fees will not be refunded.
8. All monies paid in Cash or Cheque must be received in a sealed envelope with student’s name, amount and reason written on the front. Please put student’s name on the back of the Cheque.
1. All students must wear the uniform specific to their class and hair must be tied up off the face, ideally in a bun for Ballet.
2. If a student is wearing inappropriate uniform, footwear or with untidy hair they maybe asked to leave the class.
3. Students must not wear any jewellery or fitness trackers to class. These can result in injury.
4. TLW only provides shoes to borrow for those who are new to TLW, awaiting an order or if shoes have been forgotten. The shoes are property of TLW Dance and are not there to be used every lesson. They cannot be swopped so the student has the correct size. We request they are put back as they were found.
1. Classes run back to back on the timetable so students must be ready to start at the start time of their class. There should be minimal disruption as the classes change.
2. If a parent or member of the student's family wishes to speak to the teacher please respect the fact that the teacher has limited time between class and another class to take. It is best to email the teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org, also ensuring the teacher can respond fully. Please also respect others confidentiality and give teachers space when they are talking to other parents/responsible adults. If a student has a medical issue this must be passed onto the teacher before the start of class.
3. Students are asked to wait quietly in the reception area for their class to start.
4. Students are invited to take part in examinations when the teacher feels they are ready. Each student is an individual and some students may progress quicker than others. The decisions made by the teachers are made in the interest of the students and at the teacher’s discretion.
5. When students/parents/guardians sign to agree to show and examination participation all relevant monies are to be paid. There are no refunds if the students later decline participation.
1. Students are asked to be respectable of their teachers and of each other. TLW wants all students to be involved, included and valued. TLW has zero tolerance to bullying and any students found to be involved in such like will be asked to leave immediately.
2. Please note, due to the nature of the activity provided by TLW Dance teachers may need to support the children through physical contact. This is only done to maintain a safe environment.
3. Students must not talk or sit down in class unless the teacher has given their permission.
4. Students should not eat in the studio or chew gum during class. Drinks maybe taken into the studio in sports bottles with closed lids, any spillages must be reported immediately.
5. Students are not permitted to leave the studio without the permission of the teacher.
6. If a student uses the kitchen area for a drink they must leave the area clean and tidy.
7. Students are responsible for their own property and we ask that all dance uniform and shoes are clearly labelled. TLW Dance will keep lost property for one term and then it will be donated to charity. Students bring valuables and possessions at their own risk.
8. TLW are happy for students to wait between their classes, and use the foyer area. We would like to make you aware there is not always a member of staff in this area, so children could be sat without adult supervision. TLW accept no responsibility for children in the foyer area.
1. We request than all contact information is kept updated. This information is kept securely and parents / responsible adults can request to see the information TLW Dance hold at any point. The information is held within the parent portal system.
2. TLW requires up to date information on health issues and injuries; this information is only shared with their respective teachers.
3. There is a certain level of risk by participating in physical and students taking part in any class or event are doing so at their own risk.
4. The foyer area has a number of toys and books but TLW do not accept responsibility for them. We request they are looked after and left how they are found. The chairs in this area are for sitting on and not to be stood on.
5. The desk area in reception is for TLW dance staff ONLY. At no point should anyone be behind this area.
6. Photographs are not allowed to be taken during class by parents, friends or guardians.
7. Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used for promotion and on social media. These are held in a secure memory portal.
8. Please state if you ARE NOT happy for your child's image to be used for promotion and on social media. Please be aware by agreeing to allowing their image to be used this is an indefinite agreement and the image can always be used.
9. Please note if you give permission for your child to be part of a TLW production you consent to the taking of photographs and filming of your child during this time. If you do not consent to any footage of your child being taken they cannot be part of the production. We apologise for this but, due to demand, the productions are recored and can be purchased on DVD. There is also the chance to purchase photographs; all photographs are taken by Erica Martyn Photography and she owns copyright to the images.
10. TLW would like you to be aware that all their mobile devices are encrypted and secure for when accessing your data. Only Miss Tiffany and Miss Lynne have full access to your personal data and teachers at TLW only have access to basic data, such as age, gender and all medical conditions. If there is any information about your child you deem helpful for teachers to know, please inform TLW Dance by email: email@example.com