Due to COVID procedures, we cannot offer our typical make-up policy. Due to restricted class sizes and our responsibility to report contact tracing, we cannot have students entering classes that they are not registered for, so our normal make up policy will not work at this time.
The temporary make up policy is as followed:
Any DANCER absence, including being turned away during wellness check, will knowingly forfeit that class, for any reason. THIS INCLUDES BEING QUARANTINED- YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED SHOULD YOUR DANCER NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND CLASS DUE TO BEING QUARANTINED AS WE HAVE ADAPTED A VIRTUAL OPTION FOR THIS REASON.
Any STUDIO cancellations will have a weekend makeup date scheduled for all dancers in that class or other arrangement.
Although we are currently requiring masks at all times, we ask you agree to the following to cover drink breaks, breathing breaks, and times we do not have eyes on your child to mandate our mask policy.
You agree to the following:
-My child is permitted to remove their mask when applicable.
-My child is aware of the mask rules and will govern themself on following this rule
-I am aware that COVID mandates are ever changing, that The Body Barre will be following the requirements by the CDC accordingly, and that changes to requirements might be made mid semester.
Welcome Back to The Body Barre!!!
We are so thrilled to be back to dance!
There are lots of changes due to Covid-19 and we want you to know your dancers safety is our #1 priority! The following information and rules are based on New York State guidelines for operation. We have added instructors AND additional space to ensure we are able to deliver quality, fun and safe classes for our dancers!
GUIDELINES ARE EVER CHANGING AS WE CONTINUE TO NAVIGATE THROUGH THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, BY CONTINUING WITH REGISTRATION YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
-THE BODY BARRE WILL FOLLOW THE CURRENT CDC GUIDELINES FOR OPERATING THE BUSINESS WHICH MIGHT CHANGE DURING A SEMESTER AS WILL THE BODY BARRE ADJUST ACCORDINGLY.
-SO LONG AS THE BODY BARRE IS FOLLOWING WHAT IS REQUIRED OF THE CDC, REFUNDS FOR EVER-CHANGING POLICIES WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
DROP OFF/PICK UP
· Masks are required during drop off and pick up times. Once a dancer has reached their designated spot in the studio they will be permitted to remove their mask. When registering online you will be prompted to agree to this policy. Should you not allow your child remove their mask once in class, registration will not go through and you will need to speak to us directly to discuss.
· Please note that there will be a 5 min grace period at the beginning and end of class to accommodate this process going smoothly.
· We will be checking temperatures at the door. Any dancer with a temp 99.9° or higher will be sent away.
· Parents will not be permitted in the studio other than for drop off and pick up. All seating areas are closed at this time. Please stay to wait and ensure your dancer passes the wellness check before leaving.
· Students are not permitted to linger in the studio before, after or between classes. If a student has back to back classes they can stay in their assigned studio while the other dancers are exiting and entering.
· Please be prompt in picking up your dancer to ensure a smooth transition from class to class.
· PLEASE do not send your dancer to class if they are exhibiting any symptoms of illness as we will be forced to turn you away.
· No water fountain will be available at this time. Only prefilled personal water bottles will be allowed. Please clearly label your dancers bottle with their name.
· Dress code will be implemented to reduce risk of spreading the virus. Dancers need to wear dancewear(ex. leo and tights) or active wear(ex. athletic leggings, shorts, tanks). No excessive layering or loose fitting clothes will be allowed. No street clothes or sleepwear allowed. If you are unsure please ask for further guidance. Hair needs to be pulled out of the face(if hair is too short please use a headband to contain the hair as best as possible).
· We will be attempting to limit bathroom breaks so please allow your dancer to use the mall bathroom located by the food court entrance before and/or after class. Students can only leave the studio to go one at a time which will drastically cut into class time if several students need to do so. No student will be denied a bathroom break but we ask for your help in reducing this need. The bathrooms will be for dancers ONLY.
POSITIVE COVID RESULTS
· If your dancer tests positive or has been in contact with anyone who tested positive please alert the studio immediately so that we can comply with state guidelines and take appropriate actions to protect our other dancers.
· In a situation where we have a student tests positive we will need to close the studio for 24hrs to clean and sanitize. After this 24hr period we will further evaluate the circumstances to determine a safe time to open in compliance with state guidelines.
· If an instructor does not pass the wellness check or tests positive classes will need to be cancelled. According to our Covid-19 make up policy this would be considered a STUDIO cancellation. Please refer to the new make up policy on our online portal as the previous make up policy will no longer be valid due do reduced class sized and social distancing requirements.
· We have integrated a new contactless online registration for all studio registration and payments for all future student registration.
· Instructions are as follows:
1. Click the link to Dance Studio Pro(provided in your email, our Facebook or our website)
2. Select “Create Account”
3. Fill out account info for yourself(parent)
4. Click “Add a Student” and fill out dancer info. If you have more than one dancer click “Add a Student” again and continue to fill in all dancer information.
5. Answer Security Question
6. Check boxes to accept all waivers after carefully reading each one.
7. Hit “Save Account” and log in. This will bring you to the Main Page.
8. Click “Register for Classes”
9. Select classes for your dancer. Scroll down to do this for additional dancers.
10. Scroll down and click “Submit”
11. A message will now appear at the top of the screen, click “Finish Registration”
12. Select “Make a Payment” Tuition is due at time of registration. Your dancers spot will not be secure until payment is received.
13. Select “Pay with Card” or “Pay with Bank Account” and fill in information and click “Pay Now”
*10% Sibling discount is still offered and will be automatically applied
*Team members MUST select Team 1 and 2.
*Ability supersedes age requirements on schedule. All class selections are subject to instructor approval of level. Please refer to the schedule online(available via email, Facebook or website) for guidance in selecting appropriate level for your dancer.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
The Body Barre has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, The Body Barre cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending classes could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending classes and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at The Body Barre may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, The Body Barre employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at The Body Barre or participation in The Body Barre classes. On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless The Body Barre, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of The Body Barre, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Body Barre program, class or event.
1. CANCELATION POLICY
We have our OWN hours; we do not follow mall hours. We do not automatically close due to School Closings, School Vacations, or weather. If the mall is open—we are open. Should a class need to be cancelled, we will contact you prior to class via phone or email, and post on Facebook. Teachers may “cancel” classes or hire a replacement for the evening. If class is “canceled” the student may make up the class by attending any other class that week or the following- see “Make-Up” policy.
A student is able to “switch” classes at any point during the semester, as all classes are the same cost. However, please keep in mind reoccurring absences will absolutely affect and pose risk of your child falling behind on choreography and improvement in the class.
If your child is not a fan of the class they are in, please encourage them to try a different class. Not every genre of dance is for everyone and this way your dancer may find something they DO like while the discipline of moving past obstacles is also maintained- never give up!
Please note: if a class has less than 3 students registered it is likely and possible the class is cancelled for the semester.
3. CLASS PLACEMENT
It is ultimately up to the instructor as to what class level your student belongs in. Our staff is mindful in where your dancer thrives and learns best. A student moving up too soon can be detrimental to their improvement, so please allow us to help explain to your child how class placement works if they’re struggling with this as it is a common issue that arises in dance studios. We want successful and happy dancers so we will always pay attention to their needs! Please note we strongly encourage the students to challenge themselves and we may move a student to a higher level if we feel they can handle the class. That being said, many classes are mixed level meaning we offer them to a group of students that may vary in ability- this benefits all students in the class in different ways (very young dancers, “kindergarten age”, have their own classes!).
Our year cycles September-September. We have four ~12 week, “semesters”: Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. Unlike traditional studios that operate the “School Year”, we offer regular classes throughout the summer as well! Taking the whole summer off can be detrimental to all the work put in during the school year, and this gives children the opportunity to continue dance in the summer without committing to an out of area Dance Intensive or Camp. Please note that the summer schedule may vary from the other semesters so keep an eye out for any changes or new additions for summer time!
Although we operate in a less traditional way than most studios, we still strongly encourage regular and habitual attendance, as this is a huge factor in student improvement, commitment, and discipline.
We also encourage the dancer’s participation in school activities such as sports, drama club, etc. and our “Make Up Policy” is designed to work with your child and their other commitments! Please note that attendance for the TEAM classes are a requirement for performance opportunities!
There will be one end of year show for all students (adult classes will be elective) but there will be many other performance/competition/convention opportunities throughout the year for students who sign up for our dance TEAM. If your child is interested and is above the age of 10, sign them up for both classes labeled “TEAM” on the schedule. Additional information, dates, permission forms, and all details for performances will be administered in those classes and are TBD.
Participants may make up a missed or cancelled class by coming to any following appropriate level class offered the following week with notice to the front desk for our records. It is YOUR responsibility to take advantage of the make-up policy. MAKEUPS EXPIRE AT THE END OF A SEMESTER'S TIME.
8. PAYMENT OF TUITION
Tuition is paid at the time of registration by the semester. Tuition is never refundable for any reason as you are reserving a spot in a class.
9. PAYMENT POLICY
Payment is required to complete registration.
Discounts are listed under the payment section of this packet. They are applied at registration.
10. REFUND POLICY
There are no refunds, under any circumstances. For classes and/or retail. By continuing with registration, you are acknowledging this.
We are not liable for watching your child prior and post scheduled class time. We are not responsible for children leaving the studio upon early drop-off/late pick-up; you must walk to the studio to pick up your child/make appropriate arrangements for pick-up. Wandering the mall is strictly prohibited for dancers and NOT the responsibility of The Body Barre. Once a student exits our facility, we are no longer responsible for their actions. We are not responsible for keeping your child in the studio- you must be prompt when picking up your child or have arrangements so they are not left waiting.
I hereby give permission for images of myself or my child, captured either in the studio or during performances, through video, photo, etc. to be used solely for the purposes of The Body Barre promotional material and publications, and waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto.
THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into by and between the following Parties, the Participant (the “Client”) and Annie Benz, LLC d/b/a The Body Barre (the “Company”), for the services detailed in Paragraph 1 below. Each of the aforementioned Parties hereby agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions contained herein:
1. Scope of Services. The Scope of Services to be provided by the Company shall be as follows:
2. Term. The Company shall commence providing the Services on date of signature and shall terminate after one year. The duration of this contract may be extended by oral or written agreement between both Parties.
3. Payment. See Payment information on Class Schedule.
4. Client Obligations. The Client agrees to abide by all Operating Procedures (see “Schedule 1” attached herewith) and rules of the facility.
5. Termination. This Agreement shall be and remain in full force and effect from the date of execution unless terminated by (a) mutual agreement of both Parties; or (b) unilaterally by either party with thirty (30) days written notice. The cancellation of this Agreement shall not negate any term or condition contained herein, nor relieve either party of obligation until the effective date of termination. In accordance with Paragraph 9, hereunder, the Client shall not be entitled to a refund if Services are terminated during the course of the semester.
6. Hold Harmless. The Parties hereby agree to the terms of the Hold Harmless agreement, seen below before signatures section.
7. Intellectual Property and Copyright. All intellectual property, including but not limited to, copyrightable works, trademarks, service marks and trade secrets invented, developed, created or discovered by studio/affiliates in performance of this Agreement shall be the property of the Company. Copyright in and to any copyrightable work created as part of the Company’s provision of Services shall vest in the Company.
8. Force Majeure. Neither party shall be deemed to be in default of its obligations hereunder if and so long as it is prevented from performing such obligations by an act of war, hostile foreign action, nuclear explosion, earthquake, hurricane, tornado, or other catastrophic natural event or act of God.
9. Liquidated Damages. In the event of a breach or early termination of this Agreement, the Client shall not be entitled to any refund, in whole or in part, for any amount paid as tuition under any circumstances. As the Client, or child for whom the Client is a legal guardian, has reserved a place in the Company’s classes which cannot be filled after the start of the semester, the Client hereby agrees that the Company shall be entitled to all monies paid for the semester as liquidated damages.
10. Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no representations, inducements or other provisions other than those expressed herein. All changes, additions or deletions to this Agreement shall be in writing and executed by the authorized representatives of both parties.
11. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect, invalidate, or render unenforceable any other term or provision of this Agreement. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the Parties hereto shall negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect the original intent of the Parties as closely as possible in a mutually acceptable manner in order that the transactions contemplated by this Agreement be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
12. Choice of Law and Forum Selection. The terms contained herein shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of the State of New York. Any legal action arising from, in association with, or pursuant to this Agreement shall be litigated in the courts of New York State, in the County of Warren, and shall apply New York State Law.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
The undersigned participant or guardian thereof, hereby understands, acknowledges and agrees that Annie Benz, LLC d/b/a The Body Barre, its owners, instructors, and staff, is/are not liable for any bodily injury sustained by the participant, and/or any property damage sustained by the participant arising out of, resulting from, in whole or in part, the activities of, or the premises on which such activities are performed. All activities performed by the participant at The Body Barre are performed wholly at participant’s own risk of bodily injury or harm and/or property damage.
By signing up for virtual classes, enrollee acknowledges the following:
-Technical difficulties to be expected.
-Virtual registrants will NOT be permitted into in person classes.
-Focus will be on in person students over virtual attendees as we are tending to physical bodies in our space as well.
-Virtual attendees must be prompt to "join meeting", once class starts and teacher is engaging in teaching it will be difficult to notice new comers in the "virtual waiting room" to admit them in to class (this is a privacy/safety feature that they cannot join automatically).
WELCOME TO THE BODY BARRE!
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING YOU AT OUR STUDIO!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING AS IT WILL GIVE YOU ALL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW WITH COMING TO OUR STUDIO!
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
-All registration is done online. The link to register is on our Facebook page and our website www.thebodybarrestudio.com
-You will create an account for yourself, fill in the information for you dancer(s).
-You will then select the classes your dancer will be taking, and proceed to the payment option to finish registration where you will also READ completely the waivers that you will “sign” before you process your payment *your dancer is not registered for class until payment has been made in full!
WHEN/HOW DO I PAY?
-All payment is due at time of registration, online through the parent portal. Payment for the semester is due in full at time of registration.
ARE THERE DISCOUNTS?
-We currently offer a 10% Sibling discount to any additional students within a household
-We currently offer a $20 credit per family as our Military Discount
-We offer various promotions at times that you will be notified about via email
IS IT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP?
-We take new students at any time!
IS THERE A DISCOUNT FOR SIGNING UP LATE?
-We will prorate late comers after 4 weeks into the semester, but not before.
WHAT CLASSES SHOULD MY STUDENT TAKE?
-Our classes are separated by ability and age. Ability supersedes age on all accounts. Ability is determined by the instructors of the studio. New students will be placed within their age group, and further evaluated to be sure the class is the best fit for them.
WHAT ARE THE CLASS DESCRIPTIONS?
DancerGarten: our intro to dance! This is a fun class for new dancers starting with mature 2 year olds to age 4. We have a TON of fun in this class focusing on following directions, fundamentals of movement, and learning how a dance class operates.
Ballet: The backbone of dance training. Ballet is a structured class that your dancer will see the most technique advancements in.
Pointe/Pre Pointe: Placed by instructor only. For ballet students who have been given the green light to purchase pointe shoes and start pointe work.
Hip Hop: Fun, upbeat, fast moving class. High energy and a ton of fun. A great place for kids to let out creativity and MOVE.
Jazz: Movement that stems from ballet technique, many different styles within the genre, a great class to also learn technique that will be applied across all genres.
Musical Theater: Mostly jazz technique to the music of show tunes! Very expressive and fun.
Lyrical: Emphasis on feeling the music that we dance to, musicality. Expressive.
Contemporary: Inventive movements, expressive. Will use ballet/jazz technique.
Tap: Instrument of the feet! Our tap program is very new school and exploratory.
Acro: The art of mixing gymnastics skills with dance technique. This is a great program! We follow Acrobatic Arts syllabus with certified licensed instructor and gymnastics coach on staff.
Boys Hip Hop: Hip Hop class geared towards more masculine movement following inspiration from Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and other well known pop culture males.
TEAM: Recreational dance group of all ages with wide range of technique, skills, genres, choreography, stretching, and toning.
Adult Team: Previous dancers or NEW! This class touches on Jazz and Hip Hop with fun choreography for all ages 18+. Tap is now added as an additional mini class for this group! Performances locally optional.
Specialty Group: Hand picked dancers that exhibit exceptional technique, hard work in class, and hunger for advancement. Dancers will be invited to participate in this group throughout the year.
HOW MUCH IS IT?
-Semesters are roughly 12 weeks long
-Tuition runs per semester in the following price points: $175 for 1 class/wk, $325 for 2 classes/wk, $425 for 3 classes/wk, $475 for unlimited classes weekly
HOW LONG IS IT?
-Semesters are roughly 12 weeks long running Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.
HOW/WHEN/WHERE DO I DROP MY DANCER OFF?
-Current drop off instructions: Dancers may be brought to the studio entrance within the mall by the food court, parents are NOT permitted past the studio entry due to COVID restrictions, students will get checked in at front desk with health screening and will be directed to one of 3 studios for their class.
HOW/WHEN/WHERE DO I PICK MY DANCER UP?
-Students can be picked up at the studio entrance where they will come out to be greeted by you.
-We are NOT responsible for children leaving the studio and it is up to YOU to have a plan for pick up and rules for your child leaving class.
WHAT DOES MY DANCER WEAR FOR CLASS?
-We do NOT have a dress code
-Please send your dancer in the following: Appropriate active wear fitting to the body, hair up and out of face. We do not have any color or brand preferences.
-Suggested clothing/shoe per class:
Dancergarten: barefoot or sock or ballet shoe, tights/leo or leggings/shirt
Tap: tap shoe, any athletic or dance wear
Jazz: jazz shoe or sock, any athletic or dance wear
Ballet: Ballet slipper/pointe shoe (if applicable), tights/leo/warm ups
Acro: barefoot/sock, any athletic or dance wear
Hip Hop: clean sneaker/jazz sneaker, any athletic or dance wear
Lyrical: bare foot/ballet slipper/lyrical shoe, any athletic or dance wear
Contemporary: bare foot/ballet slipper/lyrical shoe, any athletic or dance wear
Musical Theater: jazz shoe or sock, any athletic or dance wear
Boys Hip Hop: clean sneaker/jazz sneaker, any athletic or dance wear
TEAM: Jazz shoe or sock, any athletic or dance wear
Adult Team: any dance shoe/clean sneaker/sock, any athletic or dance wear
Specialty Group: barefoot/sock, any athletic or dance wear
-No street shoes to keep our studio clean and safe
-We do not have color guidelines, but for possible performances we suggest black for everything except ballet/lyrical shoes.
-We sell all shoes at studio and tights and some basic dancewear
WHAT DOES MY DANCER NEED WHEN THEY GO TO CLASS?
-Come dressed and ready except for dance shoes
-Do not bring anything else unnecessary as provided cubbies are small
WHAT ARE YOUR COVID PROCEDURES?
*WE ARE FOLLOWING CDC GUIDELINES, COUNTY MANDATES, AND WHAT IS REQUIRED TO BE OPERATING OUR BUSINESS, THIS IS EVER CHANGING AS TIME CONTINUES THROUGH THE PANDEMIC AND WILL ADJUST ACCORDINGLY TO WHAT IS REQUIRED OF US*
-Health screenings are performed before dancers are permitted into class
-Masks are to be worn AT ALL TIMES
-Classes are restricted to size to ensure adequate space is available
-We disinfect daily along with all other required cleaning
HOW WILL I FIND OUT OTHER INFORMATION?
-All communication is done via email, the email you provide at registration. We send out extensive details on anything you need to know and all emails are extremely important to read.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com