When you create an account you will have access to the Parent Portal which allows you to register for classes, make online payments, purchase Dance Ability Movement apparel, view class documents, and more! By creating an account you are providing The Dance Ability Movement with the above information for you and your dancer, which will be shared with a consulting Occupational Therapist (OT). Please ensure all information is current and accurate. Please note that once you create an account, you can then add more students and register for classes. Your account will not be charged until you register for a class. Through registering for classes as a NEW dancer you are consenting to the Initial Occupational Therapy Assessment fee being charged to your account, in the amount of $155.00 +HST. You will also be able to view and pay the class tuition fee for your specific class. When you register for a class, you are consenting to be contacted by one of The Dance Ability Movement's OT's to complete the registration and consent process prior to the start of classes. It is recommended that you visit the studio or have a Zoom video call to meet with the OT, although this may also be done over the phone if needed. Once registered, your family and emergency contact information, along with allergies and pertinent medical concerns, will be provided to any partnering host studio (where applicable) and the instructor.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject "Technical Support" if needed throughout the online registration process.
We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the information you have provided us will primarily be used to provide occupational therapy services through a dance based setting. Collection of information may also be used to receive payment for services or for research purposes.
o We will only collect information that is required
o We will only share information with other health professionals/program instructors/volunteers in order to provide you with the appropriate services
o When requested, we will give you access to your records
o We will keep your information secure, retain and destroy these records as required by law
o We will ask your permission to share your personal information if requested for other purposes unless it must be provided for legal reasons
o Should you choose to email personal information, please be advised that this is not a secure email network and we cannot guarantee the protection of this information
1. Virtual Dance Classes are the delivery of dance classes using interactive audio and visual electronic systems, when you (the dancer) and the instructors are not in the same physical location. 2. Virtual Dance Classes will be offered using the Zoom platform. 3. Virtual Dance Classes will be taught by your instructor, or one of the Directors of The Dance Ability Movement (Mallory or Jade).
B. Privacy / Confidentiality:
1. We have carefully selected a video-conferencing platform, called Zoom, which incorporates state-of-the-art security protocols, such as encryption, to protect the confidentiality of your audio and visual data (e.g.: video-stream, contact info).
2. You can find more information about Zoom at zoom.us.
3. You will be required to sign into your Parent Portal to access the Zoom meeting, OR use a specific password and ID for accessing the meeting from Zoom directly.
4. Meeting passwords and IDs may be different depending on the class day and week in an effort to enhance security.
5. We require participants to enter the “waiting room” before being let into the class. We will only let in participants that we recognize the name (dancer or parent name). If we do not recognize your device’s name, you will NOT be let into the class.
C. Benefits of Virtual Dance Classes:
1. Virtual Dance Classes improves access to dance: a. It can enable you to be seen by a teacher from your usual studio when the teacher is at a different location b. It can enable you to be seen by a teacher when you are not able to leave your home.
2. Virtual Dance Classes allows for communication, socialization and connection with your dance friends through your device when you are in different locations.
3. Virtual Dance Classes allows you to participate in the comfort of your home, where parents or siblings can join for support or enjoyment.
4. Virtual Dance Classes enable you to be physically active to the degree you are comfortable at home.
5. Virtual Dance Classes can provide you with a consistent weekly routine to help re-establish a sense of normality and expected routine for your dancer and family.
D. Possible Risks: As with any procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of Virtual Dance Classes. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
a. In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate instruction.
b. Delays in instruction could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment.
c. In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health information.
d. Misunderstandings can happen even when meeting in person. But the more limited the information (e.g.: as when not meeting in person) the higher the likelihood of misunderstanding or missing some cues.
e. Injuries can happen when participating in dance classes in person. These risks are similar for participation at home, however additional risks may arise due to the different environment. Our volunteers and teachers are unable to support dancers the way they do in person. Therefore, each dancer is responsible for their own safety, it is strongly recommended that a parent participate/supervise the dancer at home.
E. Necessary Equipment:
1. You would need a device through which to use Zoom, including a screen, microphone, videocamera, and speaker.
2. This can be done by PC, Mac, iOS, or Android; on a computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone.
3. Larger stationary screens and high-definition cameras are recommended. If you have an ethernet cord to connect to internet, this tends to provide a more stable connection than wifi.
4. You would also need to be able to access the email authorized by you for our use on the device that you will use for Zoom, because you will get an email which contains the link which you would click in order to join the video-conference. You can also access the class link on the day of your scheduled class, through the Parent Portal.
5. You will need to clear a space for dancing at home that is free from furniture and obstacles (including pets!). Remember your dancer will be watching their screen – so ensure they have a designated space for movement. They should be able to take at least 4-5 steps in each direction around them.
F. Joining a Meeting on Zoom
1. When it’s time for your dance session, you can access the Zoom link from your Parent Portal. You will be able to join the meeting by clicking the video icon link, you will be required to SIGN IN to Zoom. (Make sure that your camera, microphone and speakers are turned on.).
2. If you experience any problem with connecting, you can call or email us.
1. At this time, we do not plan to record live sessions. We will not be re-posting sessions for viewing. Additional choreography videos are available on YouTube, as well as the Keep Dancing Challenge videos.
2. There may be certain opportunities in which we would like to record part of our online sessions. We will inform everyone who is signed into the live session. If you are not comfortable being recorded, you may indicate this verbally, using the chatbox (you can private message Mallory/Jade), or you can e-mail us ahead of time.
H. Fees: Costs for Virtual Dance Classes for the 2020-2021 dance season are charged at the time of registration on the Parent Portal. Fees are due in full to reserve a spot in the class. If the participant decides to withdrawal from the classes early, refund requests will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, considering time of withdrawal, reason for withdrawal etc. Missed classes on the participant’s behalf due to illness, vacation, or reasons not within The Dance Ability Movement’s control will not be reimbursed.
VIRTUAL DANCE CLASS WAIVER
I, PARENT/GUARDIAN OF SAID CHILD(REN) HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF MY CHILD(REN) PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THESE VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective reigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of my child(ren), for my child(ren)’s personal injury, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to my child(ren) during VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES BY THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: The Dance Ability Movement and/or their directors, employees, contractors, or volunteers. I acknowledge that this activity may involve injury. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by jumping, leaping, turning, stretching, or any dance movement, lack of hydration, improper dance floor, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, and/or producers of the activity.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT. I AGREE to this waiver OF MY OWN FREE WILL. I certify that my child(ren) is physically fit, has sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES, and has not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my child(ren)’s participation in VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by The Dance Ability Movement, the director, class holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity in which my child may participate, and that it will govern my child(ren)’s actions and responsibilities at VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES. I permit my child to participate in VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com